CAMPING RULES AND REGULATIONS
To ensure a quality camping experience and to protect Ruby's Landing's natural resources, visitors are asked to abide by the following rules. For more information or assistance, please contact the park manager.
- Camp only in designated campsites. Select an unoccupied campsite and verify availability with Ruby's Landing staff before setting up camp. Check-in procedures are outlined on the campground entrance sign.
- Maximum typical campsite capacity is limited to two sleeping units (only one of which can be wheeled), two vehicles (non sleeping units), and six people; capacity is doubled for a family campsite. Exceeding the physical design of the campsite will result in additional fees.
- Campsites designed for persons with disabilities may be occupied by other campers only with permission from Ruby's Landing staff.
- All wheeled vehicles and trailers must be kept on roads and parking pads except as otherwise permitted by special management rules.
- Excessive volumes on radios, televisions, musical instruments, etc. are not permitted. Shutdown of these items may be necessary depending on your proximity to other campers. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Generators are prohibited during these hours. Non-camping visitors must leave by dark.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m. Please remove all trash from your campsite.
- No personal property may be left unattended longer than 24 hours.
- All plants and animals are protected. Please help protect the natural resources by not gathering or cutting firewood, digging holes, using insect-killing devices, collecting plants or animals, discharging sewage or gray water on the ground or doing any other act that may harm the natural resources.
- Please do not hang lanterns, tie ropes, dog leashes, clotheslines, bungee cords, etc, to trees. Hammocks are allowed to be attached to trees only with a 2 inch nylon strap and at an appropriate height per special management rules.
- It is recommended no more than 2 dogs per campsite. Pets must be kept on leashes no longer than 10 feet and be supervised at all times. Shock collars and other electronic devices do not meet these requirements. Other than service dogs, pets are not allowed inside any building or in public swimming areas or waters reserved for fishing.
- Solicitation or selling any item (including the resale of a campsite) is strictly prohibited.
- Campfires are the responsibility of the camper and are restricted to the fire ring or grills provided. Burning trash and large fires are strictly prohibited. Please put your fire completely out before leaving.
- The discharging of firearms, BB guns, paintball guns, bow and arrows, sling shots, or any devices that use burning powder, explosives, compressed gases, etc., is prohibited.
- The use of ATV's/UTV's, golf carts, etc., are allowed. Low speed vehicles (maximum of 25 mph from the factory) are allowed if they meet the proper requirements (check with Ruby's Landing staff). Allowable motorized vehicles (gas or battery powered), such as scooters, Segways, motorized bicycles, hover boards, etc., can only be operated by a licensed driver. Personal mobility devices used by persons with disabilities are allowed.
- Pools of any kind or water toys, such as slip-n-slides, are not allowed. They can pose a safety hazard as well as damage the natural resources. Bounce houses are not allowed without a Public Assembly and Event contract (see Ruby's Landing Staff).
Notice to All Guests
NOTICE TO ALL GUEST: This property is privately owned. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. By signing below, the undersigned assumes full responsibility for any and all equipment issued and agrees to reimburse Ruby’s Landing, LLC for replacement or repairs necessary to return equipment to its original condition. If evicted from this campground or paddlesport activity, no money will be refunded.
Assumption of Risk
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The undersigned acknowledges that canoeing, rafting, kayaking, camping and lodging can be a dangerous activity and that by participating the undersigned may incur personal or possibly fatal injuries. The undersigned further acknowledges that participating may result in loss or damage of personal items or personal property. By signing the below the undersigned acknowledges and assumes responsibility for those risks.
Release of Liability
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I, as the undersigned, fully assume all risks associated with transportation, canoeing, rafting, tubing, kayaking, camping, and lodging (Which includes possibility of drowning or exposure to the elements). I agree to voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ruby’s Landing, LLC and any of its representatives from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with participation in these activities or my use of their equipment, transportation, or facilities arising from Ruby’s Landing, LLC or its representative’s negligence or my own negligence
Under Missouri law, an outfitter is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in paddlesport activities resulting from the inherent risks of paddlesport activities pursuant to the Revised Statutes of Missouri RSMO 537.327